We all know that it’s important to take care of your health and exercise regularly. But it is even more important during pregnancy. Seek the help of professionals to find your perfect, safe pre and post natal training that makes you feel good. Here are some first simple tips on how to remain fit during pregnancy.
Genereal Health Tips
Of course, during pregnancy every woman has different needs and can experience different problems. However, if you’re pregnant you should follow these 5 general health tips in order to stay fit and feel good.
- Get enough sleep.
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat nutritious food such as lean protein, healthy fats, vegetables and fruit.
- Exercise or move at least 30 minutes per day.
- Keep a good posture to prevent back pain.
How to remain fit during Pregnancy
Healthy women with an uncomplicated pregnancy should move at least 30 minutes per day throughout the whole pregnancy. It is important to strengthen the back side of the body to compensate for the growing tummy. After pregnancy week 20 it’s a good idea to adjust your training to pre natal training which should feel safe for you and the growing baby. Get the help of a professional or take special pregnancy classes that will help you stay fit and give you guidance. However, take care of yourself and only do what makes you feel good! Continue exercising post partum once you have gotten clearance from your doctor and feel able to work out a bit.
Here are some body parts you should consider training before and after pregnancy.
- Pelvic floor – to prevent leakage.
- Inner core muscle – to ease and prevent back pain, leaking, bad posture, hernias, distasis recti and that little tummy fat.
- Back – to reduce back pain and maintain a good posture.
- Glutes – Strong glutes can help improve posture, alleviate lower back, hip and knee pain.
- Shoulders – for good posture.
Written by Rachel Young